The Cast Station is currently casting a photo shoot for Oprah Magazine. The photo shoot will focus on a set of neighbors in East Austin and show Oprah Magazine readers raw and real stories of people coming together.
Shoot Dates: February 25 or 26
Payment: $500 for each participant booked
Looking For: People who live in East Austin, Texas!
To submit, please send a current photo, and answers to the following questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Oprah Magazine submission.”
- Name, age, occupation, length of time residing on your block/ in your neighborhood
- How would you describe your neighborhood to a friend (the look, the vibe, pros/cons, etc.)?
- Tell us about the neighbors you interact with most. Who are they? How old are they/ how many in their families? What is their current situation (any challenges, etc.)?
- In what specific way/s have you been helping neighbors during the pandemic, or have they been helping you? (Ex: grocery-shopping, running errands, checking in, leaving treats, unwinding on porches at end of the day, anything.) Please give details and anecdotes — the more, the better!
- What prompted you to help them (or them to help you)? Describe how this began.
- What’s been your biggest takeaway or realization from this relationship with your neighbors?
- Has your story been covered elsewhere (in local press, for example)?